Explore: Curriculum | Innovative Model | Outcomes | Support | How to Apply | Schedule & Dates | FAQs
Gain In-Demand Data Skills in 24 Weeks
Online Data Boot Camp Based in Denver, Colorado
Over the past decade, the explosion of data has transformed the nature of business. From healthcare to nonprofits to financial services, nearly every industry needs professionals who have the ability to translate data into actionable insights. The University of Denver Data Analytics Boot Camp is an online part-time 24-week program that will empower you to gain the knowledge and skills to conduct robust analytics on a host of real-world problems.
Our course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your work-life schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our program combines the best of online education: engaging hands-on projects and live, interactive online classes led by expert instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand data skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment.
Why choose University of Denver Data Analytics Boot Camp?
- You will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from University of Denver after studying part-time over 24 weeks.
- Projects align with real-world datasets from various industry data fields like Finance Services, Human Resources, Healthcare and Government.
- You will receive support from instructors, assistant instructors, student success team, free tutor network, and more.
- You will benefit from the support career services will provide you during the program and after successful completion of the program.
Programming in Excel
- Pivot Tables
- VBA Scripting
- Introduction to Modeling
- Python 3
- API Interactions
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
Front–End Web Visualization
- Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
- Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
- Supervised Machine Learning
- Unsupervised Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
* Note: These topics are subject to change based on local market demand and the input of hiring partners.
Get Program Info
Innovative Online Model
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your Instructor and Teaching Assistants.
Job Planning Assistance
You will have access to a dedicated career director and career material advisor that will help you prepare to find your dream job after completing the boot camp through a wide range of career services.
Individuals who complete the online data analytics course can be qualified for a number jobs including:
- Looks at large amounts of information to glean data-driven insights using a variety of coding, statistics and tools.
- Employs advanced skills that include those of data analysts, data engineers and more! They focus on machine learning and algorithm development for modeling trends and forecasting the future.
- Uses Excel and Powerpoint to create reports around key business questions and develop strategies based on macro trends in the data.
- Designs, installs, tests and maintains software systems with popular programming languages like Python.
The Market for Data Analysts in Denver, CO
As a society, just about every activity we participate in generates data — be it shopping, dining out, attending events, posting to social media, or even watching television. Organizations of all kinds, and businesses across every industry, have realized that this data is valuable and must be analyzed in order to achieve objectives and fuel innovation. In order to make sense of all this data, data analysts are required in ever-increasing numbers. It’s certainly not surprising that, with a projected 10,200 open jobs for data analysts, new job opportunities are very likely in the future!
Data analyst jobs in the U.S. are projected to grow 25 percent from 2019 to 2029 (almost three times the average growth rate expected for all occupations combined) according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Even better, according to CareerOneStop, data analyst jobs in Colorado are expected to increase an amazing 41 percent during the same time frame!
In Colorado, annual data analyst salaries can range from $55,350 to $136,240, with an annual median salary of $90,890 — that’s higher than the national data analyst median salary of $86,200. And, while salary depends on a number of factors including years of experience, knowledge of in-demand skills, location, company size, and industry; it’s safe to say the projected increases in data analyst job openings over the coming decade will keep salaries competitive in this field.
In addition to being a lucrative career, data analysts roles are available with some of the most innovative companies in the world. According to CareerOneStop, companies such as Meta (formerly Facebook), Oracle, Salesforce, American Express, General Dynamics, Anthem, Inc., and Denver Health are all seeking data analysts in the Denver area. And, remote work and hybrid work environments are becoming much more common in this field.
There has never been a better time to begin a career as a data analyst. You can shape your future in the way that works best with your life, while enjoying a well-paying job with incredible growth potential. Get started today!
When learning the skills for data analysis, it’s important to have help available when you need it. University of Denver Data Analytics Boot Camp’s part-time program offers you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our industry professional instructional staff is there to help you gain the skills you need on your journey.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp. Learn how to build your personal brand and stand out in today’s market through:
- Technical and Behavioral Interview Preparation
- Industry Speakers and Events
- Resume, LinkedIn and Portfolio Development
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond program completion. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Is a Data Analyst Boot Camp Right for You?
You’re a data professional and want to further your career by gaining a new set of technical skills.
You’re looking to switch careers and aspire to transition into a new field as a data professional.
You’re currently in a business where data is crucial to the bottom line and want to make a bigger impact.
How to Apply
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
Data Analytics Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Online Data Analytics Program
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects
» Digital Marketing Boot Camp:
» Digital Marketing Boot Camp:
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you do not need to be a University of Denver student to enroll in University of Denver Data Analytics Boot Camp. The program is offered through University of Denver’s University College.
No previous experience in data or programming is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, finance, statistics, management, or a related field.
Yes, there is an application process to enroll in University of Denver Boot Camps. Once a prospective student fills out the form or calls our admissions department, they will go through an initial phone interview with admissions. Applicants who are recommended to move forward will then take a critical thinking and problem-solving assessment.
University of Denver Data Analytics Boot Camp in the Denver area is held online. For more information on how to apply to this program, please fill out our contact form or call to speak with admissions at (303) 747-4493.
Ready to learn more about the University of Denver Data Analytics Boot Camp? Contact an admissions advisor at (303) 747-4493.