Online FinTech Boot Camp in Denver
Learn Financial Technology in 24 Weeks
The field of finance is evolving. Financial services firms, insurance agencies, and investment banks are all increasingly at the intersection of data and technology, harnessing algorithms, machine learning, big data, and blockchain to conduct business.
- Through a flexible part-time format with live, instructor-led classes and independent challenges to complete on your own schedule, University of Denver FinTech Boot Camp gives students the knowledge they need to move toward the financial technology industry.
- With a project-based curriculum, students gain ample experience with a host of popular tools and methods such as Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain.
- By tapping into a wide set of career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching, students get equipped to become Employer Competitive.
Learn Financial Technology and Analysis
Students will obtain marketable skills, learning how these fundamental concepts are leveraged within financial fields from financial planning to hedge funds, as well as best practices for using these skills to add value to an organization. The competitive curriculum covers*:
- Time-Series Analysis
- Financial Ratios
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling
Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Smart Contracts
- Consensus Algorithms
- Distributed Ledger
- Truffle Suite
Machine Learning Applications in Finance
- Algorithmic Trading
- Random Forests
- k-Nearest Neighbors (kNN)
- Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Deep Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- AWS SageMaker
Programming and Financial Libraries
- Amazon Web Services
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Get Program Info
Innovative Online Model
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Job Planning Assistance
You will have access to a dedicated career director and career material advisor that will help you prepare to find your dream job after completing the boot camp through a wide range of career services.
Gain Real-World Skills
University of Denver FinTech Boot Camp takes a multidisciplinary approach to finance, fundamental programming, data analysis, and modern tools in cryptocurrency and blockchain. Students who complete the program can expect to be able to:
- Model future financial performance of a company using Python and financial fundamentals
- Build an Ethereum blockchain and understand how transactions are validated on a distributed ledger
- Understand both the uses and disadvantages of a variety of machine learning algorithms and their proper application within the field of finance
- Leverage machine learning to determine lending preferences and how effectively a cluster of customers would produce interest
Frequently Asked Questions
No previous experience in programming or finance is required, however it is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, statistics, or a related field.
No, you do not have to be a University of Denver student to enroll in University of FinTech Boot Camp. The program is offered through University of Denver’s University College.
The part-time program is 6 months (24 weeks) long.
FinTech Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Online FinTech Program
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational, or personal obligations
- Learn through scheduled instructor-led online classes three days per week and engaging content and projects to work through on your own schedule
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work