UNIVERSITY OF DENVER WOMEN’S CODING BOOT CAMP
Become a Web Developer
in 24 Weeks
An empowering learning experience,
advancing women in technology
Benefit from a wide range of career services to position you for success through graduation and beyond.
Build a portfolio of web applications to showcase your knowledge.
Study part-time while maintaining your work schedule.
Gain in-demand full stack coding skills in an empowering classroom environment, taught by talented women in the tech industry and surrounded by like-minded peers.
Web development is one of the fastest growing careers in today’s economy with a projected 27% growth rate by 2024.* The University of Denver Women’s Coding Boot Camp was designed to help students develop the skills and professional network needed to capitalize on this high demand.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Why Women’s Coding Boot Camp?
- Web development is one of the fastest-growing careers in today’s economy, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Women employed in technology boost the bottom line for companies. Gender diverse technology companies have greater returns than firms with less gender diversity.*
- Studies suggest that helping women reach their full economic potential – including in the technology industry – could increase global productivity by $12 trillion.**
- Women start new businesses at 1.5 times the national average rate.***
- You will learn in-demand full-stack coding skills in an empowering classroom environment, taught by talented women in the tech industry and surrounded by like-minded peers.
- You will build a network of fellow women in technology, and have access to female technology executives throughout the Denver area.
- You will benefit from women-led mentorship and receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with you throughout the program and prepare you to be Employer Competitive.
- You will gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
What You Will Learn
What Students Receive
- You will benefit from a Project Demo Day—quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase your final project.
- You will build a network of fellow women in technology through the program and beyond, as you continue your immersion in the industry and launch your career.
- You will gain access to continued one-on-one career coaching with your career director post-graduation.
- You will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from University of Denver’s University College to showcase your accomplishments to future employers.
- You will create a robust portfolio of projects to demonstrate your working knowledge of web development.
About University of Denver’s University College
Founded in 1864, the University of Denver is one of the country’s premier private universities. University College is the University of Denver’s college of professional and continuing studies—one of 14 nationally acclaimed graduate schools and colleges at the University of Denver—and offers career relevant degree and certificate programs for busy, working adults. The Center for Professional Development provides modern continuing education programs taught by experts across a range of disciplines. Colorado Women’s College is dedicated to the advancement of women and girls through education, collaboration, and innovation.
- What are the dates of the program?
- September 10, 2018 – March 16, 2019
- Can I keep working while studying at the University of Denver Women’s Coding Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program is designed for working women who want to expand their career in technology or are seeking a career change.
- How long is the course?
- Students will complete the program in six months.
- Do you provide career planning support?
- Yes. We offer all of our students career support and coaching, including portfolio reviews, resume assistance, and technical interview training. In addition, we offer students experiential learning opportunities to strengthen their portfolio.
- Do I need to have previous experience in programming before enrolling?
- No. While having some background can help, our pre-course tutorials will get you up to speed and ready to start learning on Day 1.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in Denver or elsewhere?
- University of Denver’s Women’s Coding Boot Camp is a part-time program that allows working women to study web development without leaving work.
- The program provides an environment where you can not only learn the fundamental skills for web development, but also receive training and mentorship needed to succeed in tech-related fields from a team of talented women.
- You can access a robust portfolio of career planning services that will help prepare you to advance or change careers.
- The program’s curriculum is based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the Denver market.
- Women’s Coding Boot Camp accesses the rich resources of the University of Denver and Colorado Women’s College.
Frequently Asked Questions